The Core Works
The drama curriculum draws on core works from different categories or cultures and periods in history to provide students with a grounding in the forms, structures and elements they might draw on, utilise and manipulate when exploring and viewing dramatic works.
The works have been carefully chosen based on their iconic quality, teachable moments and to give breadth to your child's learning. Your child will study these works throughout their school career to give them a deep engagement and appreciation with each piece.
Interactive activities encourage students to engage with the works and key concepts while developing connections between the pieces, as well as other subjects.
Core works include:
- Storytelling: Alston, Gonzalez, Koram, Ross — Selected Tales
- Traditions of Theatrical Clown: Compagnia Baccalà: Pss Pss
- Animating Objects: Manual Cinema: The Magic City
- Core Elements of a Play: Kruckmeyer: The Boy at the Edge of Everything
- William Shakespeare: Twelfth Night, or What You Will